- HONEY – BROCKHAMPTON
- MAPS – Anderson .Paak
- Pyramids – Frank Ocean
- Pretty Girl – Clairo
- passionfruit – Yaeji
- Fangs – Matt Champion
- Dark Red – Steve Lacy
- Down For You (feat. BJ the Chicago Kid) – Kehlani
- Be Your Girl (Kaytranada Edition) – Teedra Moses
- Happy Without Me – Chloe x Halle
- thank u, next – Ariana Grande
- I Wish I Missed My Ex – Mahalia
Hope everyone is staying warm in this snowy weather! Catch up on the songs from today’s show here. Lots of new music this week, including the gorgeous single “Cast Away” from Ella Vos, who got her start on Soundcloud, and Sandro Cavazza & Lou Elliotte with their duet “Used To.”
St Lucia’s third studio album, Hyperion, is out now. The songs are as electric and synth-pop as ever, but also have a fresh, lyrically sophisticated optimism to them. “Walking Away,” featured on today’s show, “Last Dance,” and “Next to You,” all capture this fun yet ambitious sound.
Another recent release is Imagine Dragons’ Origins, their fourth album in six years. They’ve maintained that signature musical style – big percussion, big hooks, and big production – but there’s also a novel, introspective quality to some of the tracks. “Burn Out,” played on today’s show is one of those songs, as is “Birds,” another standout which manages to recall Coldplay’s Parachutes and A Rush of Blood to the Head days.
Soundcheck will be off for Thanksgiving next week. I hope everyone has a good holiday, and safe travels to all.
Welcome back! Tonight we’re playing:
- Trouble—Cage The Elephant
- Under The Pressure—The War On Drugs
- Perth—Bon Iver
- Blue Ridge Mountains—Fleet Foxes
- San Luis—Gregory Alan Isakov
- La rivière—Bears Of Legend
- Birthplace—Novo Amor
- Killer + The Sound—Phoebe Bridgers
- Slacks—St. South
- West Coast—Coconut Records
- Cleopatra—The Lumineers
Music shoutouts this week were to Robert DeLong’s EP, See You In The Future, and Grapetooth’s new album, Grapetooth.
Sonic Highways will be off the air next week for Thanksgiving; we hope you have a great holiday and we’ll see you back here on November 28!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s Soundcheck. Check out the track list for the show here.
Glades’ debut studio album To Love You is finally here! Ever since this trio out of Sydney released “Drive” and “Falling Away” back in 2015, I’ve been waiting for a full length album. “Drive,” their most popular song to date, makes an appearance on this album, as do many more new songs. “Nervous Energy” and “Eyes Wide Shut” which both had airtime today are standouts.
In other new music news, Elle King, of “Ex’s & Oh’s” fame is out with her sophomore album Shake the Spirit. She works with heavyweight producer Greg Kurstin on this one, and she continues to write or co-write all her songs. Also check out London duo Ider’s latest single “Mirror.” The video for it which just premiered on Fader is beautifully shot and worth a watch.
Happy Week 3! Tonight we played:
- Marfa—Wildcat! Wildcat!
- Déjà Vu—Runaway Weekend
- Panopticon—Cloud Control
- Voodoo—S-X, Gia
- Feel It (feat. Tunji Ige)—GTA, What So Not
- Miasma Sky—Baths
- 6 Letters—Daktyl, Aquilo
- Them Is Us—Rival Consoles
- Sunset Lover—Petit Biscuit
- Full Control—Snail Mail
- Stupid Deep—Jon Bellion
- Losing It Over You (feat. Ayme)—Matoma
Music shoutouts went to Syml’s (relatively) new single, Clean Eyes, and edIT’s album, Crying over Pros for No Reason.
Don’t forget to comment any questions or song requests you may have during the show! We’ll see you next week on Sonic Highways!
- November – Tyler, The Creator
- Love on the Brain – Rihanna
- Look What U Started – The Internet
- Chewing Gum (feat. A$AP Rocky, Project Pat) – Blood Orange
- KAYTRANADA_WAITIN_115 BPM (feat. KAYTRANADA) – Kelela
- New Person, Same Old Mistakes – Tame Impala
- Jungle – Drake
- Supermodel – SZA
- Around Me – Brent Faiyaz
- TEST DRIVE – Joji
- Drew Barrymore – SZA
- Changes – H.E.R.
Happy November! Catch up on songs from today’s show here.
Tom Odell’s much anticipated third studio album, Jubilee Road, is finally out. The title track, as well as “Half as Good as You,” released as a promotional single earlier this year, are both standouts. Odell’s vocals, piano and songwriting prowess are as strong as ever. Long Way Down is on heavy rotation here at Soundcheck, so I’m looking forward to giving airtime to some of these new tracks over the next few weeks.
Also check out two new songs K. Flay is featured on: Ekali’s “Forgot How to Dream,” and Mike Shinoda’s “Make It Up as I Go,” from his album Post Traumatic. Always great to hear new material from her, and the electronic/EDM sound on Ekali’s track is especially fun.
Thanks as always for tuning in, and hope everyone stays warm and dry in this rainy weather.
Welcome back to Week 2 of Sonic Highways! Tonight’s playlist included:
- Quick Musical Doodles—Two Feet
- Mad Blunted Jazz—DJ Cam
- Feather—Nujabes, Cise Star, Akin
- Masters of None—Toro y Moi
- Dance Yrself Clean—LCD Soundsystem
- Keep On—Alfa Mist
- Confessions, Pt. III—BADBADNOTGOOD
- 4EVA—Lapalux, Talvi
- If I Could Feel Again—Pretty Lights
- Branches Break—GoGo Penguin
- Reborn—Lights & Motion
Music shoutouts were to Bears of Legend for their new album, A Million Lives, and to Craft Spells’ album, Nausea.
Tune in again next week at 5! Happy Halloween!
- THUG LIFE – BROCKHAMPTON
- strawberry swing – Frank Ocean
- Get You (feat. Kali Uchis) – Daniel Caesar
- Untitled – Rex Orange County
- b*tches broken hearts – Billie Eilish
- SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK – Joji
- Want U Back – Spencer.
- Gut Feeling (feat. H.E.R.) – Ella Mai
- Saturday Nights – Khalid
- Catching Feelings – Riton, Kah-Lo, Mr Eazi
- Dance, Baby! – boy pablo
- TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME – The 1975
- Suncity (feat. Empress Of) – Khalid
- Slow Down (with Calvin Harris) – Normani
- MIA (feat. Drake) – Bad Bunny
- YOSEMITE – Travis Scott
- Tints (feat. Kendrick Lamar) – Anderson .Paak
- untitled 03 | 05.28.2013. – Kendrick Lamar
- REEL IT IN – Aminé
- What’s the Use? – Mac Miller
- Biking (feat. JAY Z & Tyler, the Creator) – Frank Ocean
- Bonjour (feat. Tony Williams) – Nas
- GHOST (feat. Christian Rich) – Jaden Smith
- Holiday (feat. Snoop Dogg, John Legend, Takeoff) – Calvin Harris
- Glitter – Tyler, the Creator
- Stand Tall – Childish Gambino
- Crew (feat. Brent Faiyaz & Shy Glizzy) – GoldLink
- DEVASTATED – Joey Bada$$
- i – Kendrick Lamar